The BMW F30 3 Series is the pinnacle of sporty sedans, but it also features a sleek, refined look that can sometimes make this BMW look a bit too mundane. To truly emphasize the high-performance aspect, there are several aftermarket additions for your vehicle, such as a rear carbon fiber spoiler.
A carbon fiber spoiler will truly improve the visual appeal of your F30. These can look great as a sole upgrade or with various aftermarket add-ons, such as carbon-fiber mirror caps, side skirts, front and rear bumpers, etc. We’ve outlined four fantastic carbon fiber spoiler options for BMW F30 3 Series, as well as a quick installation guide; take a look:
F30 3 Series & F80 M3 Carbon Fiber Rear Trunk Spoilers
Note: all of the rear spoilers listed use adhesive tape to keep them firmly and securely attached to your trunk, regardless of the weather conditions. Removing the spoiler at a later point is an easy process without causing any damage to your vehicle’s paint or body.
1. Carbon Fiber Rear Trunk Spoiler for BMW F30
- Glossy carbon fiber rear trunk spoiler
- Made with Real 3K Carbon Fiber
- No drilling or modifications are required for installation
- 3M double-sided tape included for installation
This model is made out of real 3K carbon fiber and is coated with UV acrylic protection. The second coating layer helps create a high-gloss and smooth finish.
We’ve found that the package features the exact amount of adhesive tape required to tape on the spoiler. This doesn’t give you much wiggle room, but extra 3M double-sided tape is easy to find.
If you are looking for a matching accessory for the front end of the car, an aftermarket kidney grille will complement your rear carbon fiber spoiler quite well.
2. BMW F30 Carbon Fiber CS-style spoiler
- Made with real carbon fiber (3K), giving it a lightweight and sporty profile
- M4 CS style rear trunk spoiler
- Compatible with BMW F30 3 series & F80 M3
The CS-style rear spoiler for the BMW F30 is sleek and has less notable cutouts and curves than other alternatives. It is still very sporty-looking and fits the trunk perfectly. The C-type uses real 3K carbon fiber, and it has UV protective coating to avoid fading and warping. Don’t worry, though, you can still expect a smooth and high-gloss finish.
Another great upgrade if you’re looking to enhance rear-end looks is a rear bumper diffuser. These can also be had in carbon fiber and can aesthetically revamp the rear looks of the F30.
Overall, the excellent build quality and CS-style looks make this spoiler one of the best options for an F30 rear spoiler.
3. BMW F30 3 Series Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
- Made with top-grade ABS plastic wrapped in a carbon fiber-like texture
- The adhesive tape helps keep the spoiler firm in place
- Compatible with 3 Series F30 Sedan and F80 M3 Sedan.
Unlike most carbon fiber spoilers, the GaofeiLTF M4-Type model uses a durable, non-recycled ABS plastic material. This makes it more lightweight than your typical models while ensuring resilience, durability, aerodynamics, and improved down-force. It is installed onto the F30 trunk using double-sided tape.
This is yet another simple spoiler that pairs up well with any F30 and enhances rear looks significantly if you’re looking for a more aggressive stance.
4. Carbon Fiber CS-style Spoiler for BMW F30
- Made with authentic 3k carbon fiber
- CS-style spoiler for BMW F30 & F80
- Double-coated with acrylic UV protectant
- Smooth and high gloss finish
- Compatible with F30 3 Series Sedan and F80 M3.
The AeroBon Pro-Type spoiler is made of real 3K carbon fiber and coated with acrylic UV protection inside and outside, ensuring durability and resistance against sun exposure. It has a unique design that fits the back outline of the F30 trunk but doesn’t quite perfectly follow the edges. This is a purposeful and stylistic choice that many drivers find appealing.
Compatibility and Fitment:
Spoilers listed here fit the BMW F30 3 Series Sedan & and BMW F80 M3, including M-sport and non M-sport cars of the following years:
- 2012-2018 BMW F30 3-Series Sedan (320i, 328i, 330i, 335i, 340i)
- 2014-2019 BMW F80 M3.
BMW F30 Rear Trunk Spoiler Installation
Installing an aftermarket trunk spoiler on your F30 3 Series is a straightforward process. It is a simple installation that can be done at home as it doesn’t involve any drilling. Instead, double-sided tape is used to secure the spoiler to the trunk.
- Start by thoroughly cleaning the vehicle surface. Ideally, have the car washed first. In dry conditions (ideally inside a garage), use the provided wet wipes and microfiber cloth to clean the spoiler location.
- Remove the adhesive protection from the supplied tape and carefully apply it to the car’s surface. After the tape is in place, remove the adhesive protection from its other side.
- Align the spoiler with the vehicle’s body and press it firmly for a few minutes. Keeping a firm grip for a few minutes is essential to avoid air bubbles forming, diminishing the close fit with the trunk.
Everything, from the microfiber cloth and wet wipes to the double-sided adhesive tape, is included in the package.
1. What is the purpose of a spoiler?
Spoilers, carbon fiber or otherwise, are mostly used with aesthetics in mind. Along with front/rear bumpers, side skirts, and various other aftermarket improvements, they significantly enhance your BMW’s looks.
2. Do aftermarket spoilers improve aerodynamics in the F30?
Although aftermarket spoilers are aesthetic for the most part, they can also increase the down-force, especially at high speeds. As a car speeds up above usual highway speeds, stability can suffer due to insufficient downforce. Using a rear trunk lid spoiler can provide extra downforce for better grip on the road for a vehicle, ensuring more control when making turns and
Note that you won’t feel a lot of difference at slow-to-mid speeds. However, a spoiler can slightly improve your vehicle’s grip at high speeds. Although this doesn’t sound like much, the faster you go, the more every slight improvement counts.
3. Can a rear trunk spoiler affect fuel economy?
Various factors influence your vehicle’s fuel consumption. One of the most notable factors that influence the fuel economy of a vehicle is its aerodynamic profile. Installing a spoiler impacts aerodynamics; it creates more downforce at the expense of aerodynamic efficiency. Due to the increase in air drag, fuel economy will be reduced slightly.
The spoilers listed here are very small so it’s unlikely you’ll notice any significant increase in fuel consumption. The slight fuel consumption increase should not deter you from installing a carbon fiber spoiler.
4. What are the spoilers made out of?
Spoilers on our list are made out of top-grade ABS plastic, lined with 3K carbon fiber weave for maximum durability and a lightweight build. A protective layer is added to prevent UV damage, which is coated and smoothed out with another layer for aesthetic purposes. This makes all spoilers that we’ve recommended here resilient, lightweight, and very aesthetically pleasing.
Closing thoughts and our recommendation
A rear spoiler is a great way of enhancing the looks of your BMW F30 and improving stability and grip at high speeds due to increased downforce. They are also very straightforward to install and feature everything you need for the installation inside the package. The included double-sided tape makes installation an easy process.
We recommend the glossy carbon fiber spoiler as it is built with a rugged structure wrapped in real 3K carbon fiber.